Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Golden Taco Party

This past Thursday was an exciting night. First off I got to spend it with my wonderful friend Mira. This is always an exciting treat because she is one of the busiest ladies I know. We started our night off going to the restaurant Lolo on 22nd street. Mira frequents this place and has more then once talked about how amazing it is. With that said I will just say this...Mira knows her shit. Not only is Lolo’s fantastic, but its also so amazing that I couldn’t help but try a tuna taco. Let me note that I have been a strict vegetarian for around 6 years. However, lately I feel like I may have an inner foodie that I am keeping hostage inside of me and who is screaming to get out. Not sure If I will succumb fully to these urges but that tuna taco at Lolo’s...delicious. After stuffing our faces and having a cocktail that literally came in a bucket, we headed to Project One gallery for the “Gold” opening reception. The “Gold” themed exhibit, curated by Brooke Waterhouse was inspired by the gold rush of 1848 and included amazing paintings, stenciled records, stunning jewelry and a giant tiger covered in an obscene amount of glitter (to name a few pieces). Project One was also celebrating their 3 year anniversary that night and tons of people flocked to see the art, enjoy the open bar and get their dance on. We ran into some friends and I got introduced to some new ones, including Mira’s dear friend Sonnie who throws the events for the gallery. Sonnie was rocking it out in head to toe pieces from Mira Mira and I crowned her “best dressed’ at the event. After mingling for a while and getting my photo op with the glitter tiger I headed home...full of tuna tacos and with traces of gold glitter on my sweater. 
The “Gold” exhibit at Project One Gallery is running till December 3rd. Check it out!









Blurry evidence of the tuna taco intake.

3 comments:

  1. This event looks fantastic and so much fun! For starters the name is awesome :D

    Great pics and you look so pretty.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree... love the body jewellery!
    and those gold trousers, lovely!
    www.fashionmeasmile.com
    X

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts and don't forget to follow!